- Poigai Alwar is one among the first three Alwars.
- He is found from the (Pond of the temple) Poigai of Yathokthakari temple in Kanchipuram.
- Poigai Alwar composed hundred verses that are classified as Muthal Tiruvandadhi under Naalayira Dhivya Prabhandam.
- Poigai Alwar composition is set in the Andhadhi style in which the ending syllable is the starting one for the next verse.
- The first three Alwars belong to Dwapara Yuga (Before 4200 BC). His Birth day is being celebrated in a grand way for 10 days at Yathokthakari temple in Kanchipuram which is about 250 Mts., from Raja spiritual Super market (P) Ltd.
- Today, the utsav starts and the photo is updated for Viewers Dharshan.
Buy all pooja items through www.rssonline.in.